|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. IA van der Lans|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. IA van der Lans|
|dr. YK van Dam|
|prof. dr. ir. JCM van Trijp|
|MSc ND Steenis|
|Examiner(s)||dr. IA van der Lans|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
MCB-20806 Principles of Consumer Studies; MAT-22306 Quantitative Research Methodology and Statistics or Social Sciences (YSS).
MCB-32306 Applied Consumer Studies; MCB-30806 Sensory Perception & Preference; MCB-31306 Selected Themes in Marketing and Consumer Behaviour, MCB-804. Thesis Marketing & Consumer Behaviour.
This course builds the relation between consumer behaviour and marketing management, with a focus on product and distribution policy, and the design and development of new products in consumer-oriented chains, as well as on often-used research methodology for understanding consumer behaviour.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- explain, analyse, and critique theories and models about some fundamental consumer processes;
- explain and appraise the goal and characteristics of a number of research methods and data-analysis techniques that are often used for the analysis of consumer behaviour;
- apply these data-analysis techniques to actual data, in order to answer a research question;
- appraise theories and models on consumer behaviour and research methods from the perspective marketing planning and strategies in consumer-oriented chains;
- explain the dynamics between consumer behaviour and marketing management;
- make an adequate selection from among a number of theories and research methods, given a consumer-behaviour-related marketing problem.
- following lectures;
- studying literature;
- group work to apply the knowledge in data analysis.
- written examination;
- assessment of group work.
|Compulsory for:||BBC||Management and Consumer Studies||BSc||B: Consumer Studies||4WD|
|Restricted Optional for:||MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||A: Management Studies||4WD|
|MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||B: Consumer Studies||4WD|
|MOA||Organic Agriculture||MSc||B: Consumer and Market||4WD|