|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Excursion (one day)||8|
|Course coordinator(s)||ir. KD Siersma|
|Lecturer(s)||ir. KD Siersma|
|ir. MJ de Bruijne|
|Examiner(s)||drs. ACC Hendricks|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
Becoming a Teacher 0, ECS-51606 Learning and Instruction Theory and ECS-52006 Becoming a Teacher 1
Becomming a Teacher Basics
Becoming a Teacher 2 focuses on integration of theory on learning and instruction and practical teacher training. Theory on learning and instruction will be applied and tested in classroom settings. Students continually reflect on and learn from their experiences. They learn to analyse classroom events, to solve classroom-related problems and to develop themselves. This course is a follow-up to the courses Becoming a Teacher 1 and Learning and Instruction Theory.
Within the domain of teaching at mavo and havo/vwo 1+2+3, on basis of sufficient theoretical understanding, a professional attitude and teaching-related skills, students are able:
- to communicate on the level of the students (interpersonal);
- to create a safe learning environment (pedagogical);
- to create a powerful learning environment (pedagogical content knowledge);
- to organize a learning environment that is well-structured, clear and task-oriented (planning);
- to communicate and cooperate with other teachers in the school (cooperation with colleagues);
- to share relevant information with others to ensure the well-being of the students (school environment);
- to explicitly and critically reflect upon their teaching-related views and competencies on the basis of theoretical insights and empirical data (reflection on personal/professional development).
- practical teacher training as part of an internship;
- peer-evaluation in group sessions;
- assignments and meetings about content and didactics;
The grade will be based on the performance during the internship (30%), on the quality of the assignments on didactics (40%) and on the quality of the portfolio (30%).
A manual will be provided.
|Compulsory for:||WUEDU||BSc Minor Education||2MO, 6MO|