|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Excursion (multiple days)|
|Course coordinator(s)||drs. CA Langeveld|
|ir. ing. HJ Eppink|
|Lecturer(s)||drs. CA Langeveld|
|prof. dr. ir. AEJ Wals|
|ir. ing. HJ Eppink|
|dr. ir. CJM Almekinders|
|Examiner(s)||drs. CA Langeveld|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
BSc relevant to MOA
IMPORTANT NOTE TO STUDENTS: PLEASE REGISTER EACH PERIOD FOR CSA-33303, NOT FOR CSA33803!
This course is woven into the two years of the Master Organic Agriculture. It links all the courses and the thesis within the programme, with thematic evenings called the experiential learning meetings or MOA cafe'ss. Those learning meetings are organized by the students on topics like designing a research proposal, philosophy of science and research ethics. This course allows students to form a community of learners; to learn from each others knowledge and experiences, and to share insights and skills.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- prepare an active study plan for the MOA masterclass sessions;
- effectively share knowledge with peers on online education platforms;
- organise with a group of students an experiential learning meeting related to a 'ho'' topic in the field of organic agriculture and reflect on this activity;
- reflect on personal contributions to the experiential learning meeting organized and facilitated for peers;
- evaluate at least 3 'outside' research contributions and relate them to the intended thesis research;
- assess at least 3 presentations of research proposals and preliminary results by others;
- develop research ideas into a proposal and present these to peers;
- academically prepare and reflect on the organic trade fair (BioFach).
- group work;
- literature study;
- writing and presentation of research proposals;
- essay writing.
Students are also expected to attend and reflect on 3 presentations related to Organic Agriculture in a short reflection paper that they post on the course's website.
Skills (shown proficiency), portfolio including all assignments (mark). The mark has to be 5.5 or higher.
Study guide and reader; the course will be partially ICT-based.
|Compulsory for:||MOA||Organic Agriculture||MSc||1WD, 2WD, 3WD, 4WD, 5WD, 6WD|